Monday, January 23, 2012

Great Music Never Dies





In between posts I will be “posting” stuff to relax, to chill.... as I mentioned when I wrote my very first one, I will be writing about things that make ME feel good and I hope that they will make their way thru you somehow- Life is not only about money and work and business, although I pursue happiness in a lot of ways, and one of them is actually attempting to make an insane amount of MONEY, I truly believe that happiness is achieved by following and pursuing what makes you feel complete, what makes you realize that this journey is temporary and we better make the best out of it because we actually don’t know shit of what’s coming next in the so called “afterlife”.
This evening I had the luxury of watching and excellent documentary about the band U2 and the making of their album “The Joshua Tree”; released in 1987 and Grammy award winning work from the Irish band. 
The film goes about the members of the band speaking together with the manager (Paul McGuinness) and the producers of the album,  in the studio, with the original recording tracks of it and just going over the state of mind, the political environment at the time, the protest, the sorrow, the anguish, the laughs and cries of a time that didn’t know better..... 
Catch it if you have a chance, it is only shy of one hour long and it is all worth watching it. 
I’ve never been a big fan of U2, I have to admit it, I love their music but I come from a different school of Rock’n’Roll, nevertheless I have to say that they are certainly a pivotal band in Rock Music’s history; they explored sounds, they were innovative and way ahead of their time wether in writing or in the studio, sort of like one of my favorite bands of all times, which Bono actually quotes during a segment of the clip when he states that the thundering drum beat and the guitar of “Where the streets have no name” kinda resembled Bonham and Page.... 
Don’t miss it and since you’re there browsing, try to also find “It Might Get Loud”, if you like true Rock’n’Roll you will love both films !
Cheers !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment